Making it easy to shoot great-looking pictures with flash
When you’re struggling in low light, the Speedlite EL-100 makes it simple to add more. Create natural lighting by bouncing flash or by placing the Speedlite away from the camera.
Your easy route into flash photography
• The Speedlite EL-100 has enough power to light your subject, whether you’re shooting in dark indoor conditions or outside in the sunshine.
• Auto mode makes flash photography easy to get started with
• A straightforward flash mode dial makes it easy to set the flash up for stand-alone or wireless use.
• This high-power flash (guide number 26 (ISO 100, m) gives you more reach than your camera’s built-in flash, and a brighter result. Light up large indoor areas, and fill in high-contrast shadows when shooting outside.
Create soft gentle, natural lighting
• Reflect light off walls and ceilings for a softer, more natural look, using the Speedlite EL-100’s horizontal/vertical bounce flash head.
• A zoom flash head can be set to one of two positions – 24mm or 50mm – to match the type of lens being used.
• When using the Speedlite EL-100 outdoors for fill-in flash, High-speed Sync allows fast shutter speeds to be used.
Learn to get more creative with your lighting
• You can use the Speedlite EL-100 to get really creative with lighting, using stroboscopic flash and 2nd curtain-sync mode to shoot and freeze moving objects.
• Simulate light from different directions by setting your Speedlite EL-100 to Optical Receiver mode and positioning it remotely from your camera.
• The Speedlite EL-100 can also act as an Optical Sender, controlling and trigger multiple Canon Speedlites positioned off-camera.
• Shoot quickly and capture fast-action sequences, with compatible EOS bodies that support Continuous Shooting Priority mode.*
• Your easy route into flash photography
• Create natural lighting by using bounce flash
• Learn to get more creative with your lighting
• Part of the EOS family of cameras and lenses