The ultimate medium to super-telephoto zoom lens.
If you’re looking for a compact, versatile telephoto zoom lens that handles portraiture as well as it handles long-distance wildlife and action photography, look no further than the AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR. With the broadest focal length range in our super-telephoto zoom line-up, it reduces the number of lenses you need to carry into the field; and expands your handheld shooting capabilities, thanks to Nikon’s Vibration Reduction (VR) technology. Create spectacular photos and HD videos in nearly any light, from nearly any distance.Any subject. Any distance. -
Remarkable versatility and performance
Travel light. Shoot with confidence. The AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR covers the broadest focal length range of any NIKKOR super-telephoto zoom lens. At 80mm, its an ideal medium-telephoto portrait lens. Create stunning portraits with a medium telephoto perspective and softly blurred backgrounds. At 400mm, its a powerful super-telephoto lens suited to wildlife and action photography. For dazzling close-ups with macro detail, get as close as 5.7 feet from your subject and zoom in to 400mm—you'll be amazed by the results!Sharp, beautiful images in any light -
Nikon's VR image stabilization with Tripod Auto Detect
At super-telephoto focal lengths, even the slightest camera movement can cause image blur. Fortunately, the AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR features Nikon's second-generation Vibration Reduction technology to ensure every handheld photo and HD video is razor-sharp. Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization provides 4 stops of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images and HD video capture.A lifetime of brilliant performance -
Nikon innovations for consistently stunning images
Nikon's innovations in optical design and lens technology have given way to a remarkable new class of NIKKOR lenses. The AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR is among them. From its Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing to its Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements for maximum contrast and minimum lens flare and ghosting, you can expect a lifetime of consistent brilliant performance. The AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR is equally at home on DX- or FX-format Nikon cameras.
- Versatile FX-format super-telephoto zoom lens that covers a broad focal length range—80mm to 400mm (120mm to 600mm equivalent on DX-format cameras).
- Excellent all-in-one choice for everything from portraiture and landscapes to wildlife and sports.
- In low-light situations, Nikon's Vibration Reduction (VR) technology lets you shoot at shutter speeds up to 4x slower than would otherwise be possible.
- Get as close as 5.7 feet from your subject, then zoom in for dazzling macro-style close-ups.
- Nikon's exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing with seamless manual override.